During this rainy season, how can we ignore vector-borne diseases? The majority of vector-borne diseases are spread by mosquitoes, mainly through mosquito bites.
Murray Valley encephalitis virus, Ross River virus, Barmah Forest virus, Dengue virus, Japanese encephalitis, and West Nile virus are some of the notorious diseases caused by them.
Say goodbye to the age-old preventive techniques to control mosquitoes. If you’re looking for tips and techniques for eliminating mosquitoes, there’s only one place to go, and you’re already here.
What brings mosquitoes to your home?
It is nothing but periods of heavy rainfall or floods. Mosquitoes are fans of warm and wet weather. Because such a climate provides ideal breeding conditions for mosquitoes, even in non-tropical areas, in such periods, we experience terrible mosquito bites, which may lead to diseases that make us sick. Therefore, our only protection against mosquitoes and the diseases they can carry is to avoid mosquito bites.
What makes us eliminate mozzies?
Mosquitoes are not only annoying; some mosquitoes can transmit serious diseases too. Mosquito-borne diseases can make people sick and, in extreme cases, kill them. Remember, our top priority is to keep mosquitoes out of your home.
Mosquitoes prefer dark, humid places to rest, such as under sinks, in showers, in closets, under furniture, or in the laundry room. Mosquitoes that enter your home from the outside can lay eggs inside too.
That’s why mosquito elimination is required for the sake of our health.
Good Habits; Free of Mosquitoes
- Always apply mosquito repellents containing picaridin or DEET to all exposed skin.
- Stop roaming outdoors if lots of mosquitoes are there.
- Empty stagnant water where mosquitoes can breed around your home or campsite.
- On vacation, ensure that your accommodations are fitted with mosquito netting or screens.
- Use ‘knockdown’ fly spray, mosquito coils, or plug-in repellent where people gather to sit or eat outside.
- If possible, use air conditioning.
- Be careful with outdoor lighting at night.
- Keep the water bowls for your pet clean.
- Examine and purge the kid’s toys.
- Keep the grass around your house short.
- Cover the water barrels with a screen.
- Last but not least, don’t forget the kids—always read the insect repellent label before application. You may need to spray or rub repellent on their clothing rather than their skin for babies.
Some extra TIPS: Avoid dark-shaded clothes and wear long light clothes
Mosquito: A nightmare for living species
Each year, countless birds, reptiles, dogs, horses, and endangered species die as a result of mosquito-borne diseases, in addition to humans. The public should be aware of diseases such as canine heartworm and Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE).
Get ready for an immediate mosquito control service from Highline
If you are looking for the best mosquito pest control in Dubai, you are here at Highline. This pest control agency uses advanced mosquito control techniques to solve all your mosquito problems. Highline uses EPA-registered insect repellents. Therefore, we can guarantee safety for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
We do not claim that it will be done within a split second, like other pest control companies. We know that it is a useless activity and that mosquitoes are not such easy insects to remove quickly. It takes time.
All that we can assure you is that you will get beneficial results in the future at the end of our service.
Now you are armed with a lot of tips and tricks for controlling mosquitoes.
According to the World Health Organization, at least one million people have died due to diseases caused by mosquitoes. It is not a common thing. This alarming report from the WHO enables us to rethink whether our cleaning is efficient enough to eliminate all such pesky mosquitoes.